Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Netty's Beef Stew

When we got married, Ry's Mom gave me such a great gift for one of our showers! It was a recipe box full of Ryan's favorite foods (dinners, desserts, family recipes, etc) I have used all of them so much and they've become our own little family favorite as well! This beef stew recipe is one I have shared with many- It's easy and so good! It works in the oven, a crock pot, and even in a dutch oven! It's also one that I take often when I bring a meal to someone. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!


NETTY'S BEEF STEW

1 lb. stew meat
3-4 carrots cut
3-4 stalks of celery cut
5 potatoes halved and quartered
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 large can diced tomatoes

Layer the meat and veggies in the crock pot. top with all the veggies. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top and then top with soup and tomatoes.
Cook in crock pot for 4 hrs. on high or 6-8 on low
Bake in covered casserole dish at 300 for 3 hrs
Dutch oven for 45 min.

No comments: