Thursday, April 1, 2010

APRIL FOOLS from a fool!



SO........ you all guessed it-- almost all-- APRIL FOOLS! So yes -- us moving is just a joke! So glad too! I don't want to do that again for a long time! :) Most of you know that this is one of my favorite days of the year! Well, this morning I got poor Ry yet again! Parked his truck "his baby" around the corner and when he came out this morning it was GONE! -- (tried this one about 8 yrs ago too) and it worked again! Then went to the dentist to get a broken tooth fixed -- No joke and not fun! I was deadened and sitting in the chair waiting for my mouth to get fully numb for them to work and the phone rang -- I saw it was from the elementary -- so I got it -- It was Kels asking if I could bring her a home lunch -- She was almost in tears and said that the lunch truck got broken down so there wold be no school lunch! It has been awful weather so it was totally believable to me -- I felt so bad and had so much going, (numb, tooth hurting, Carter in the waiting room, Gracie in her seat next to me, etc) I fully believed her and told her I'd bring a lunch as quickly as I could as soon as I was done. We hung up and my great friend/Dentist was grinning from ear to ear -- He knows me so well and was very amused and said, "Well looks like the April Fools Gal got fooled!" I was shocked and seriously laughed so hard -- Cute Kels called back 20 min. later telling me that indeed it was a joke that the school played on them and it just happened to get me too! So the biggest fool of them all is ME! But I of course had to make a batch of my favorite "Sponge brownies" and get a few friends today! It was all sorts of fun! Happy April 1st everyone!

5 comments:

marciea casselman said...

I feel so relieved. I was scrambling in my head how I was going to ask you to photoshop one more picture for me.
Whew!

McRae Family said...

Thanks for the brownies.....I am so glad that we got to be on that list of fun. We all had a great laugh. Love ya!

Farnsworth Fam said...

I would really like that recipe. I have a daughter who loves to be "fooled" but seriously this year I was so out of ideas! And out of energy. Please share!

Karen and Adam said...

I was SO hoping you were joking about the move! We've copied your sponge-brownies a few times... Amy, you are an absolute riot!!!

Julie C. said...

Dang. You. Are. Good!! My mind doesn't think that way.