Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rockin' ROLL recipe!



These rolls really do rock! Pardon the cheezy pun but I can't even say how excited I am to FINALLY know how to make the yummy delicious rolls (from scratch) that I've always wanted to make (and not use Rhodes)! Well, my friend Gemmie taught a class on how to make her yummy crescent rolls and she told us the SECRET is the ingredients (pictured above). The flour comes from Costco. You can get a HUGE bag for $15. Then SAF instant yeast --You can find it at DICK'S market. and it is no fail and so cheap! And the last secret ingredient is Butter flavored CRISCO! So that's what I did, bought those ingredients, made them following the recipe and YAHOOO!!!!! Yummy rolls! The recipe makes about 2 dozen so today I decided to make half normal and the other half into cinnamon-like rolls! They were yummy! So here is the recipe and hope you can use and enjoy! Happy days!
The secret ingredients!



With a little cinnamon sugar added!


Gemmie’s Crescent Rolls

2 T. yeast

½ C warm water

1 tsp sugar

Mix together and set aside

½ C sugar

½ C butter flavored Crisco

¾ C hot water

3 eggs

4 ½ C flour

2 tsp. salt

Mix sugar, Crisco, and hot water in mixer.

Add eggs and yeast mixture, mix well.

Add flour and salt. Mix 7 minutes on low.

Let rise until double.

Separate into 2 balls and roll into 16” circles

Spread softened/melted butter on top.

Cut into pieces (like a pizza) with a pizza cutter.

Roll into crescents an put on cookie sheets.

Let rise couple of hours. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

5 comments:

marciea casselman said...

Those look way good. I have never been very good at rolls myself. I have tried several recipes and maybe I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

UtahJenny said...

I'm totally drooling!!!!!!!!!!

There's NO WAY I'm ever going to drop my baby weight!

bottspot said...

Yum! I'm gonna try these! Thanks!

Farnsworth Fam said...

Tried them. They are so easy to make and you are right the right ingredients are a must!

Karen and Adam said...

I made these yesterday (I've been meaning to try them for months). Amy, we have always loved you, but you are now officially our favorite person ever... we may just have to carve your name in a tree here or something to honor you for your domestic-goddessness and the life-changing event it was for me to make them. :) I have been trying roll recipes for years...and this one is going to be the one I give my kids when they run off to college. Sniff. You ROCK! :)