Well, we had a bit of a rough start to the New Year I guess you could say. We got to go on a little date on New Years Eve and had such a great night-- One of my old YW who is in college now said she really wanted to sit so she came and we went! We went to Texas Roadhouse and had the best dinner. We returned home and found that our cute little parakeet had bit the dust. The kids didn't know and we had to break the bad news to them! :( So Sad! They were heart broken and wanted to bury the bird the next morning since it was already so late. So New Years morning Ry went out with them and had a little birdie funeral. (They're doing better now--but oh so hard!) Then that night we had a good night with RY's old high school buddies and went to bed. I got up early the next morning to head to the food co-op to pick up my Bountiful basket! On my way, traveling down Nichols Road in kaysville, I hit black ice and completely slid off the road and into a barbed wire fence, took it down and high centered myself over the snow back and into a large grouping of oak trees! I sat for a few minutes wondering if that really just happened -- after a few minutes I realized, Yes--it really did and now you get to call your husband! Well, would have been nice if I hadn't left my phone at home! Thank heavens for prayer and quick answers to prayer. I had several WONDERFUL people stop and help. THe police came and knew one of the nice helpers and decided not to give me a ticket(Evidentally they're supposed to give a tu=icket no matter what -- even if you aren't speeding!) Silly! But no ticket! Then the other guy had a HUGE truck and pull and pulled me out. Another blessing and then we made sure it was driveable and sure enough it was! WHEW! Poor RY was home with all 4 kiddies trying to make sure I was getting out ok-- Then my cute friend Rach shows up with my basket of produce! She had called my cell and talked to Ry who told her where I was! SO many little blessings though in a rough little circumstance. I decided right then and there to try and recognize the blessings that came from this and there were many. One of my favorite quotes is from Marvin J Ashton. He said, "It is far more important what we do with what happens to us than what happens to us!"
So, is it a Happy New Year? YES it is!!!
So, is it a Happy New Year? YES it is!!!
3 comments:
Gross! I am glad that you had so much help. It really is the worse feeling to be in a bad situation like that. I have had wonderful people help me when I have found myself in terrible pickles and it makes you so grateful.
Oh, and as far as the parakeet...we had two beautiful parakeets and they were the most annoying, awful pets we have ever had. NEVER AGAIN!
We gave them away to someone just to get them out of the house.
I meant to comment on this when I first read it, but I got distracted by the link to Bountiful Baskets - THANK YOU for sharing that - I just picked up my first one and am totally excited!!!
Anyhow, when I was first reading this post, Jesse was with me and was wondering what happened to our van! I tried to explain that it wasn't ours, but he was really concerned for a bit! Anyhow, what a crazy day, but what great blessings came from it all.
Hope all is well - your baby is so big and beautiful!
Post a Comment