Friday, June 4, 2010

Last day of school :(


Today was the last day of school for the girls -- They were so excited but also so sad -- Aubs even prayed about it the night before that she wouldn't be so sad-- They both had such wonderful teachers this year and have loved the school! They wrote sweet notes to their teachers and took them treats -- I went to school lunch the day before and had a good time and Carter thought he was so big! I sat on the lawn waiting for the girls to come around the corner -- Here they came, on their scooters both totally bawling! It was such a cute, sad sight! They told me about the flag ceremony, the school song, saying good byes, and how all the boys made fun of them for crying! We had hugs, read report cards, and ate cookies on the lawn -- It was a moment that I will cherish- I was so grateful to be their mom, grateful for the great kids they are, grateful for no more homework, grateful that we live so close to the school, grateful that we found a great place to live, grateful for the friends we've made, and more than anything, just "HAPPY TO BE HERE!

My cute friend Natalie threw a Huge party in her back yard for the last day of school. She invited the kids to come and the minute I told them they got to go...all the tears vanished and they had so much fun!

No comments: