We decided to go camping on Thursday and Friday down in the Verde Valley. Gracia and the girls (Ry's sis) came up and met us -- We took off Thursday morning and had to got to three different places before we found a spot. It was busy with Spring break. We ended up at a great site in Cottonwood near a river, Tuzigoot and Montazuma's castle -- Great national parks and Indian ruins! We had hot dogs and Smores, went to the castle, hiked around, played in the river adn skipped rocks, ate dutch oven, and had so much fun with cousins! Our last night we had literally, the worst night of sleep in history! Aubs got so sick with a very sore, cancery toungue, Kel's cough started kicking in again, Carter kept inching out of his bag and it got so cold -- Bless their hearts -- they were troopers -- But we high tailed it out of camp yesterday and headed for home! WE got to the dr. and it ended up that Aubs had one kind of strep and a wierd virus in her mouth, Kel had a most likely sinus infection, Ry still didn't feel great from being a bit sick too, and I woke up this morning sicker than I think I've been in a very long time. Sick enough to go to the Dr. on a Sun. So now, the whole family is on drugs and had one of the best weekends and also one of the hardest! Let's pray there's an end to the sickness!
Pigs And Dogs
4 days ago

3 comments:
There is an end to sickness; and I have found that there is a beginning. In our family it always seems to start when we go camping. Seriously, we have had more throwing up sessions in the campground than we have probably had at home.
Therefore, I prefer to camp in a hotel. And at times when I feel guilty about not being a camping family, I remember the barf sessions and I immediately feel better.
I'm sorry such a fun trip turned so horrible. Nothing worse than sick kids. Hopefully the drugs will work wonders for you all!
Oh my word! I would have a camping phobia now if I were a Patterson! It's awful enough for everyone to be sick at the same time at home, but in a tent? Ick. I honestly hope you guys are feeling so much better! AND, I can't believe Mikelle is 8! She is such a pretty little girl! Happy birthday!!
Post a Comment