Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happiness, Your Heritage


I loved having conference this past weekend! I have felt such a lift and felt so much hope from the words of our general authorities -- at such an uncertain time that we are experiencing lately in our world! I loved President Uchtdorf's comments in the General Relief Society meeting. He talked about how hard we can be on ourselves and told about his wife who cooks masterpiece meals from around the world that are awe-inspiring but it never fails, she always finds something to apologize for. :) And then he contrasted it with how he cooks and said he does great fried eggs and is proud of them. He stated that some sisters undervalue themselves -- and I think we all do at times -- His words gave me comfort and strength in trying to not get too hard on ourselves and realize the things that we do as wives, mothers, grandmas, sisters, friends, daughters, etc. mean so much to each of us and out Heavenly Father! His closing words were wonderful! He said:

"My dear sisters, I have a simple faith. I believe that as you are faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, as you draw closer to Him in faith, hope, and charity, things will work together for your good. I believe that as you immerse yourselves in the work of our Father—as you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others—God will encircle you in the arms of His love. Discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace, and fulfillment.

As spirit daughters of our Heavenly Father, happiness is your heritage.

1 comment:

marciea casselman said...

Isn't is wonderful the way that our church has been set up? Christ sure is smart, intelligent, omnipotent and so on and so forth.
I appreciated every word of every talk of every session that they did.